Sunday, January 01, 2006

I CARE (VERY MUCH) FOR...




...ANDERSON COOPER & SANJAY GUPTA.

I have hearted Anderson Cooper for over a decade now. He started his career on Channel 1 News, the news show that was (and still is) broadcast in high schools across the country. I think I may have been the only student in class who actually watched it (not a surprise) and I absolutely loved AC's ambitious reporting from around the world. And anyone who's seen his program, Anderson Cooper 360, on CNN knows that this guy is awesome. He's intelligent, fearless, and he cares. Sigh. Plus, to top everything off, he's a member of the prominent Vanderbilt family. Gloria Vanderbilt is his mother and the late author, Wyatt Cooper, is his father. I tried to get a publisher at work to sign him for a memoir to be published by our company (gushing on and on about how much I adored him and how I would read anything he wrote); she pitched the idea to him but he wasn't interested in writing anything at that time. He recently signed with, I believe, HarperCollins. Sigh again.

Sanjay Gupta is one of the most amazing people on television (and, possibly, the world) today. A neurosurgeon, he's a professor of Neurosurgery at Emory University and Associate Chief of Neurosurgery at an Atlanta hospital. AND HE'S A REPORTER?! More specifically, he's the senior medical correspondent for the health and medical unit at CNN. Oh, plus, he writes a column for Time Magazine. That's one impressive resume! Seriously, whenever I bitch about how busy I am, I stop and I think about Sanjay's schedule, which MUST be grueling. I can't even wrap my head around how this guy manages to do so much on a day to day basis. Like, WHAT THE HELL (I mean this in a "I'm-in-total-awe-of-you" sort of way)?!!! I'LL FREAKIN' READ HIS MEMOIR JUST TO FIGURE OUT HOW THE HELL HE MANAGES. Plus, while he was covering the Iraq war a couple of years ago as an embedded correspondent with the US Navy's Devil Docs, he performed brain surgery FIVE TIMES!
Wow and sigh.

So, these guys should totally be our hip, hot, sexy and totally impressive nerds for the day.

6 comments:

SabilaK said...

No, no. I'm sure he's nice as hell. He strikes me as very personable, sort of in the same way I am. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Dude, you know that Anderson is on my team, right? But can you imagine Sanjay and Anderson going up to Brokeback Mountain together? Ohmigod, hawt!

[adventures.in.anonymity] said...

yes, but are they happy?

Nefertiti said...

i *heart* Anderson Cooper. He has my dream job.

Nefertiti said...

broke my heart to find out he's not interested in women at all... i looked up at the sky and cried 'WHHHHYYYYYY WHHHHHHYYYYYYYY OOOOO WHHHHHYYYYY...' and then i was over it.

Anonymous said...

My mom is a huge fan of Sanjay Gupta's. -YoAamir