Monday, January 23, 2006

THE LOVE BUG



I am stating the following of my own volition. I am not under the influence of alcohol (I'm a teetotaler, remember?), drugs (although I have just swigged back some TheraFlu...strong stuff), aromatherapy candles, or that dreamy Wentworth Miller. I am not making this statement under the threat of physical or psychological harm (I'll just open a can of Aikido on the fool who threatens me---bring it biatch). I mean what I am going to say.

Love isn't just make believe, cupid-farting-hearts-out-of-his-ass, Valentine's Day garbage.
Sometimes, it's real.
Some folks are lucky enough to live it.

I'm thrilled for you. Thank you for making me believe that it's possible (you know who you are).

Now, excuse me as I have another cup of Theraflu.
Whadya want? I said some folks...SOME FOLKS!!! The rest of us kick back with severe cold fighting formulas and fantasize about that stupid cupid succumbing to various bloody demises.

Wow. That cookie looks good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting analogy.

aside from what valentines day and cupid illustrate love to be, you're certainly right: those who experience it are fortunate

on that note, i just came back from watching Tristan & Isolde (for those who don't know, it's a love story which takes place after the fall of the roman empire) I managed to extract one important detail from the film which made me think. All of which we surround ourselves with - be it our careers, our goals, our studies - are only empty shells that becomes the genetic makeup of our existence.

Sometimes i think i'm selling myself short. ok most of the time.

Perhaps we should open our hearts more, and close our minds less. ok, so that doesn't make any sense, but it sounded good.

ok, enough of the mushy stuff. let's put 100k on cupid's head and send him off to a better place, shall we. any takers?

Nefertiti said...

and did you see the part in that movie where she's being all sappy with him standing in the water in the boat and the boat hits her on the back and the face she makes IN THE MIDDLE of this scene?

Sabila-- It's a doggy dawg world baby...be the queen bitch!

wOOf wOOf!

all about attitude babe, all about attitude.

Anonymous said...

Weren't we co-conspirators in the death of love, though? Didn't we deconstruct those old romantic texts, show where there were gaps, where the center could not hold, the thesis proved invalid, and thus effect its demise? I think we've spent one of two of these cordiform days together, love -- I miss you. Do you still keep the shards of broken hearts propped up on your bookshelf at home, I wonder. I think I threw mine out some time ago, in a frisson of emotional spring cleaning, and rather miss them, those stale reminders, those dangerous knicknacks with the too sharp edges.