Monday, April 09, 2007

NETFLIX




The honeymoon with Netflix is over. The same three movies have been sitting atop the DVD player for a couple of months now: 24 Grams, The Prestige, and Flags of Our Fathers. And these are movies I want to watch; but what do I find myself watching instead last night? The NeverEnding Story II: The Next Chapter and the first inning of Ken Burns' Baseball. Now, the former was nowhere as entertaining as the first but I already knew that. The latter, I own and can watch whenever the fancy strikes. So, why I'm not watching these tremendous movies that I need to watch and return to NetFlix in order to watch the other tremendous movies in my queue is beyond me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sabila, i got a treat for you, copy and paste the link below

http://animal-pix.blogspot.com/index.html

Chris said...

Ah, you see, there's a strategy to Netflixing. One must be careful to always have a balanced top three in the queue. Something serious that may require motivation or mood to watch. And something that you could watch on a whim. Fill the third with whatever you want.

The Wife and I learned this lesson when we had Brokeback Mountain, Syriana, and Munich at home all at the same time. It was almost a chore to watch them when we finally got it.

rizwan said...

isn't it 21 grams...instead of 24 grams?