Monday, March 06, 2006

STUPID FRIENDSTER!



I had a healthy number of testimonials from my friends on Friendster.
Rich's was the first; he called me a sexy siren and said that I was a romantic, a label that is almost taboo in today's sad world ("Why don't they make men like Walt [Whitman], Pablo [Neruda] and William [Faulkner] anymore?" he quoted from an email I sent him back in 2000). Mary, the former contracts assistant and funny girl extraordinaire, recalled a time when I dragged her to Rockefeller Center during lunch for company while I got my eyebrows done. It was a pleasant spring day, I bought her an ice cream cone for joining me and gave her invaluable advice about boys. Craig celebrated my beauty (check), brains (check), and insane knowledge about movies (check). My cousin Fraz wrote something nice as did Farah, my just a larki.
Unfortunately, Friendster erased my testimonials and I'm not happy about it.
I condemn Friendster for it's irresponsible and, ultimately, inane actions. You can erase their words, you so called networking site (I'd rather call you a BRUTISH BULLY!), but you can't expunge the love that my friends have for me!
I shall see you in cyber-hell!

No comments: