Saturday, November 12, 2005

THINGS (OR PEOPLE) I DON'T CARE FOR...

I don't care for hip sprains. Hip sprains suck. You have people ask you "Do you realize you're limping?" ALL FREAKIN' DAY. Really? Thank you for pointing that out because the shooting pain making my hip stiff...I DON'T FEEL THAT AT ALL EITHER! The bloody fact of the matter is that 1) I sit and it hurts, 2) I stand and it hurts, 3) I walk and it hurts, 4) halfway through my physical therapy (which happened to last 4 months) I re-sprained my sprained hip, 5) my physical therapist told me NO EXERCISE for the duration of my therapy (I nearly lost my lunch when she said that);
Nerd: No weight training?
PT: Weight training counts as a physical activity.
Nerd: No elliptical-ing on the elliptical machine?
PT: No elliptical-ing on the elliptical machine.
Nerd: No yoga? C'mon. It's not as physical or active as running.
PT: No yoga.
Nerd: Throw a girl a bone, will ya? Say yes to pilates. Please, say yes to pilates!
PT: I'm gonna go with no.
Nerd: You tyrant! You heartless fiend! I am destroyed!
Things I do care for: un-spraining hips (as long as it takes), working out with the most BRILLIANT trainer on the PLANET, and the pleasure of running again (Gosh, I LOVE it).

No comments: