Saturday, December 10, 2005

I CARE FOR...



...Tea's Teas. It's my newest obsession. On most mornings before work, I go out of my way to buy two 17 oz bottles, which I then drink throughout the day at work (of course this is in addition to my morning coffee and water--what can I say: I'm a liquid groupie). It's wonderful stuff and makes me feel so good and healthy. I've been sampling all of the varieties available at this deli on Hudson Street. So far, I've tried the following:

Green Hoji: this is my favorite of the Tea's Teas. It's a roasted variety of green tea with a very strong, smoky and bitter flavor. Gosh, I'm craving some now...
Jasmine: tastes like I'm drinking a flower, which isn't so much fun. Really, take my word for it. It's not fun. Seriously. I'm doing you a favor here yo!
Lemongrass Green: light and refreshing, this one's a charmer!
Rose Green: doesn't taste as flowery as the Jasmine, it's subtle flavor is magnificent
Green White: I hate white teas. I've discovered that quite recently. I first purchased a box of Celestial Seasonings Pear White Tea from my fave health food store, Health and Harmony (why they don't carry Tea's Teas is beyond me...I think I'll have a talk with the good folks who work there). It tasted like crap. There's no other way to describe that tea. I decided to sample Tea's Teas' version of the white tea, thinking that perhaps Celestial Seasonings had played hooky the day that the lesson on white teas was taught at tea school (okay, that was pretty lame). I was wrong. White tea simply sucks.
Pure Green: good ol' original that never fails to deliver a party in my mouth.

I have yet to sample:
Golden Oolong
Green Genmai
Mugicha

As if Tea's Teas didn't rock enough, they have an annual haiku contest and print the winning haikus on the tea's product labels. Who doesn't love a good haiku? For those of you who don't know, haikus are traditional Japanese poems of 17 syllables, which are in three lines of five, seven and five syllables.
Buy some Tea's Teas today (I feel like Oprah).

1 comment:

[adventures.in.anonymity] said...

okay. i tried coming up with a haiku, but it ended up looking more like freestyle hip hop.

i have yet to try that brand of tea. but i'm digging the sound of the hoji. but maybe thats only because i'm a ho...jee?