Monday, December 26, 2005

WEDDINGS AND SUCH SILLY THINGS

I attended my cousin's husband's niece's Christmas Eve wedding reception last night. The wedding was a small one and among the bride's guests were me and my parents, my cousin and her family, her brother and his family, and their uncle and his family. As our exuberant party posed for one photograph after another, my aunt (actually, my cousins' aunt, but I happen to be very close to her and her husband and kids) commented, "We're having more pictures taken of ourselves than the bride and groom are." This was the truth, indeed.
We had a blast and, wonder of wonders, I left the reception with the desire to get hitched tugging a little at my heart. Why? Why am I so willing to throw my bachelorette crown into the fire of relationships that will weld it into wedding bands for me and some dude?
Well, I want to throw an awesome party, of course.
I want nothing more than to have all of my relatives get together in one location for a weekend for a wonderful time, courtesy of moi and my happening to have fallen in love. I want to be the center of attention. I want to finally hit my friend HS up on her offer to design the perfect Pakistani wedding outfit for me to be married on the beach---we decided that the event would be very perfume commercial-like; you can't go wrong with perfume commercials.
But then I snapped out of it and realized that I could always organize a family reunion and keep the bloody bachelorette crown.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI SABILA

So I came across your blog through the link you posted on your naseeb profile.

We chatted on naseeb once or twice when you first joined, but you suddenly grew so popular that I became a mere statistic.

Anyhow, i tried sending you some mail the other day, but it turns out we're not connected, so I decided to take initiative and drop you a line on your blog.

Since we're only online friends, it was difficult to reveal to you that i had a crush, but now that i've finally mustered up enough courage to tell you...here i am on your blog making it public to the world that i think you're the sh*t.

Smart, attractive, and a witty sense of humour...i envy the guy who be-crowns you of your bachelorette status.

Well my dear, Happy Holidays and please continue to contribute these wonderful blogs.

Nefertiti said...

OOOOH a secret admirer...how cute.

Yes, i also have the "SIGH...i wish i had a diamond on...*crickets chirp*...OK I'M OVER IT!" moments also.

Hope you have a great New Years and have a safe trip to Pakistan InshAllah.

=)

SabilaK said...

I HAVE A SECRET ADMIRER?! How exciting! May I ask you to kindly reveal yourself?

Anonymous said...

Reveal myself? And you asked so kindly too :)

Would that not take away from the excitement, anticipation, and admiration?

You're not getting off that easy Ms. Popularity :)

In the meantime, why don't you underline something for me, hmmm? I see great qualities in your character, most of which i've extracted from reading your blogs, journals, etc. In the online world, you're a gem...what are you like in real life?

-secret admirer