Saturday, May 06, 2006

I CARE FOR...



...orange rinds. I especially like eating the spongy white underside of the rind, called the pericarp or pith.
Before you judge me, please keep in mind that I'm not a freak who peels an orange, throws it out and eats only the rind.
I do, in fact, love oranges, which help me effectively absorb the iron I get from my vegetarian diet. I just keep some of the peel and nibble on it after I'm done with the orange. Sometimes I'll just eat the underside and other times I'll eat the whole peel. It's really not that bad folks. Try some before you point fingers!
You can do that after you gag on the rind.

1 comment:

[adventures.in.anonymity] said...

okay. i tried this.

expect a letter from my lawyer. and from the fine people who brought you gob stoppers and sour punch.