Wednesday, May 31, 2006

ROMPER ROOM DISAPPOINTMENT: What about Sabila?



"Romper, bomper, stomper boo.
Tell me, tell me, tell me, do.
Magic mirror, tell me today.
Have all my friends been good at play?"

Miss Molly closed each episode of Romper Room & Friends by reciting the above rhyme as she stared out through the frame of a small mirror. She then proceeded to name the children who were supposedly watching her at home. Everyday, I sat tall on the floor in front of our television, my mouth falling into a gentle o of anticipation, my fingers clenched in my lap, as I waited to hear my name called. After all, I was a devoted fan of Do Bee and Granny Cat, Kimble and, of course, Miss Molly, herself; I was well-behaved and I always shared my toys and the cookies my mother gave me for recess with my classmates. How was it possible that she couldn't see me as I stared right back at her day after day? She was fond of the Michelles and Brians and even the Rhondas, calling out their names multiple times over the course of a season. Would it kill her to utter my name just one lousy time?

Needless to say, Miss Molly never mentioned my name on air and I grew into a despondent, morose and overall sulky child, who was never able to fully overcome her distrust of people or her resultant social ineptness.

Thanks a lot Miss Molly! Thanks for NOTHING!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Mahera Rana said...

This goes hand in hand with all the kids in school who had those "chris" "mike" & "carla" pencils.