Sunday, May 07, 2006

LONESTAR

I love Norah Jones.
Her sultry voice and the evocative sounds of her playing piano stir my soul more so than anyone else's songs have managed to do so in a very long time.
Anyway, I can't get her "Lonestar" out of my head today. It's playing on a loop in my head, which isn't as bad as, say, Ginuwine's "Pony (Jump On It)" assaulting me.
I think I've shared the song's lyrics with you before, but here they are again.
Listen to the song when you have a moment and you'll know what I mean when I say that it practically holds hands with one's soul:

"Lonestar"

Lonestar where are you out tonight?
This feeling I'm trying to fight
It's dark and I think that I would give anything
For you to shine down on me

How far you are I just don't know
The distance I'm willing to go
I pick up a stone that I cast to the sky
Hoping for some kind of sign

No comments: