Thursday, December 14, 2006

SWEET TOOTH JUJU

Apologies for my gross negligence in updating the blog on a daily basis. 'Tis the season, after all and this week's been very long. Tuesday felt like Thursday, Wednesday felt like Friday, Thursday was tortuously endless and Monday was downright awful. Earlier during my staggeringly perpetual day, I thought that perhaps I could create some positive juju by baking cookies for my compadres at work.

I thought about the cookies some more when I got home. I thought about baking them during my run (the formerly bum hip, which had been acting up of late, didn't cause any problems, thank goodness), then after my run, and later as I ate dinner. I was still occasionaly thinking about baking cookies while watching DVR'd episodes of Cold Case and Bones after dinner. To be honest, I didn't think about cookies at all as I read a great piece about RK Narayan in this week's New Yorker (you can read it here: http://www.newyorker.com/critics/books/articles/061218crbo_books), but I did think about it for quite some time after I was done reading the article.

Finally, I carried the ol' G4 here to the kitchen, plugged it in, visited this website--http://www.joyofbaking.com/cookies.html--for cookie recipes and realized: 1) the time this project would take, 2) the energy this project would take, 3) the mess I would have to clean up after completing the project, and 4) the many ways this project could go horribly wrong.

The folks at Dunkin' Donuts best serve those Munchkins with a side of juju tomorrow morning.

No comments: