Saturday, December 30, 2006

THE NERD WHO BROUGHT BACK REVENGE OF THE NERDDD'S NERD OF THE DAY

It's been quite some time since I've bespectacled (yes, I'm totally using the adjective as a verb) someone Nerd of the Day. I could say that I am sick and tired of the politics and competition that come along with choosing a NOD; that the quality of nerds in my life is rather unfortunate; or that the internet age is transforming even the brightest minds into insipid drones, leaving me with a pretty shallow pool of nerds. But the truth of the matter is that, I totally forgot about NODs.

Well, that is until I came across a nerd who made me remember.



I've seen Aneesh Raman reporting on CNN countless times but last night was different. I felt like a nearsighted tourist in Jersey City who, after hours of staring at the muddy blobs of light that are supposed to be the Manhattan skyline, finally puts on her glasses to discover that, oh my, the blobs are, indeed, the Manhattan skyline. I never noticed before how handsome, intelligent and engaging the CNN Middle East correspondent is. He can recite the alphabets or read Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit on air and he'd have me riveted. Plus, he's pretty damned smart: after graduating magna cum laude from Harvard, he spent a year in India as a Fulbright Scholar.

I think I'm in love.

Read more about him here (but please note that Aneesh Raman's pic here doesn't do him any justice): http://edition.cnn.com/CNN/anchors_reporters/raman.aneesh.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA

holllllld on a damn second...

CAT_S_T_ER??

Anonymous said...

and,,,happy new year,

don't think i'm a weirdo but..

i love you girlie.