Monday, January 01, 2007

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

Happy birthday to my matchmaking mom, who--after the family blind date, which I mentioned very briefly in previous posts from last month--once again, swore off her matchmaking ways forever. I'm blessed to have a mother as determined, funny, inspiring, strong, beautiful, confident, intelligent, charming, caring, selfless and honest as you.

I'd also like to send a very belated birthday shoutout to my dad, who happens to be a Christmas baby (yes, he and amma are a perfect holiday couple, indeed). Abu hasn't been feeling very well in recent days and had to be taken to the ER on Thursday night. He's fine now but still needs to undergo a few tests this week before he's given a clean bill of health. My brother and I ended up spending New Year's Eve at home with the 'rents since the doctor has ordered my dad to take it easy over the next few days. Every so often, my father would call one of us to him and tell us about how he'd love to see us married in his lifetime (I get my flair for the dramatic from my dad, no joke). There's no grave danger on the horizon, thankfully. When I asked him who in goodness' name I should marry, he told me that he would find someone for me (he was half joking.....I hope...gulp). I also watched the Ace of Cakes marathon the Food Network and am now officially a groupie of pastry chef Duff Goldman. While I don't know who I'm going to eventually marry someday far, far in the future, I do know that Duff will bake my wedding cake and that the cake is gonna rock.

A healthy, joyous, and prosperous new year to my parents, my brothers, my cat, the rest of my family, friends and my readers. I love all of you. Here's to a great year!

2 comments:

mist1 said...

Happy New Year! I think I must have gotten my flair for the dramatic from your dad too. There's no trace of it in my family.

Anonymous said...

Oh just give it up already and marry me.