Friday, June 22, 2007

LESSONS LEARNED FROM MY BFF

Two winters ago on Pinel Island, my bff--pushing aside aside my spf 50 sunscreen with a look of utter disgust on her face-- declared "Asians don't get skin cancer! There, you've heard it from a goddamn nurse. Now, stop being paranoid, put on my spf 5 sunscreen and let's freakin' try to look like we actually spent 11 days in the freakin' Caribbean."

By the time we returned home to an arctic mainland, we were both a matching shade of eggplant.

Good times.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who s the BFF? I am jealous!

Anonymous said...

love it! classic.

Terra Shield said...

You have been awarded a "rockin girl blogger" award :)

Check it out at my blog

girl said...

asians are like, genetically superior in all ways! yay!

Anonymous said...

are you on facebook?

The Brown Girl said...

ask the asian girl whos had moles biopsied.. it can happen. Alhamdullilah they were all normal.