Sunday, April 09, 2006

AN IMPROMPTU DINNER AND A MESSAGE FROM THE UNIVERSE?

So, I did manage to escape the restful cocoon of my bedroom today long enough to have dinner with a friend we'll call K. As we're talking about her new boyfriend and her new apartment, she leans over her MahiMahi towards me and, dropping her voice conspiratorially, says, "The secret to life, Sabila: bitchiness."
I found all of this very bizarre, since another friend has been saying the same thing of late and my brother, has long been an advocate of aloofness and haughtiness.
It's almost as if the universe is trying to tell me something.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

'bitchiness' gets all the drama...if drama is what people want.... then thats the route...

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine you being bitchy. If you want your life to be some pretentious art flick, then by all means be 'aloof'. But, Sabila, you're more a character from some romantic-comedy, really -- quirky, out-going, and aggressively amiable.

SabilaK said...

People have taken to calling me perky in recent days. I feel like I ought to be offended.

Anonymous said...

Well, I wouldn't call you 'perky'. I don't think people from Jersey can be perky, can we? 'Quirky', 'out-going', and 'aggressively amiable', sure. But 'perky' -- ? Jersey has too much edge for such obloquy.

SabilaK said...

I have to give this bitchiness thing a whirl.

SabilaK said...

I have to give this bitchiness thing a whirl.