Thursday, April 20, 2006

MY HANDS (Pakistani style!)

Years ago, before henna became all the bohemian rage, I'd happily have the dye applied to my hands for religious celebrations or weddings only to show up to school and get teased for having "kakee (or however the hell it's spelled)" on my hands.
Clearly, I was fashion forward and onto something.



Here are my henna'd hands in Karachi. Don't they look festive? Upon returning home from Pakistan with three tubes of henna in my possession, I tried to teach myself how to make beautiful and intricate designs on my hands and feet. I spent many nights applying the cool and pungent brownish-green paste with a shaky right hand to my (unfortunate) left hand and (abused) feet.
The results were not so good.
I've since given up trying to learn the art of henna.
Oh well.
Now, enjoy looking at the pretty henna on my hands.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kakee? Still, very nice.

Anonymous said...

i so wanna give you 10...how about a 10?