Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A LONG-ISH TRAIN RIDE + THE NERD=AN EXPERIMENT IN STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS

I will be rising and shining at an ungodly (who am I kidding...I heart the morning...I don't mind waking up so early at all) 5AM tomorrow morning in order to head out of state for a sales conference. And while I could be sleeping and dreaming about the FiberOne cereal I won't be able to enjoy while at the meeting (I become intensely obsessive about certain foods and eat them everyday until my system goes, "Enough already! Can we shake things up a bit, please?!" At the moment, my obsessions are FiberOne and crab meat. Later, I'll tell you more about the crab meat, which I'll also be unable to have tomorrow), or reading Gautam Malkani's brilliant LONDONSTANI (pubbing in late June), or listening to my iPod, I've decided to spend my commute writing a blog post in real time for the pleasure of my readers. So, brace yourselves for an unedited, unscripted, no-holds-barred look at the way the Nerd's mind works. It's gonna be stream of consciousness on no food and little sleep. James Joyce would be proud.

See how devoted I am to you guys?
I mean, I MIGHT sneak a few pages of LONDONSTANI in there somewhere, but I'll TRY to MOSTLY write in my diary.

6 comments:

[adventures.in.anonymity] said...

a few observations about this post:

1. is it really real time if you're going to jot it down on paper and then later transcribe it onto your online blog (thus allowing you to edit the final copy)? if anything, it would be the anti-real time post.

2. aren't all blog posts...real time?

3. aren't all blog posts...an unedited, unscripted, no-holds-barred look at the way the [insert blog writer's name here]'s mind?

4. aren't all blog posts...a stream of consciousness?

5. why can't you listen to your ipod at write at the same time? if anything, it might help your stream of consciousness.

6. does this james joyce fella blog?

7. why don't you just grab something to eat before you leave? that would solve your "no food" issue.

8. why didn't you go to sleep instead of posting this blog? that would have solved your "little sleep" issue.

9. londonstani sounds like a good read. you'd be missing out.

10. you dream about fiberone cereal? is the fiberone cereal at least naked and riding a horse? i guess its akin to me dreaming about trix[ie], the young belgium stripper.

The Brown Girl said...

dont you EVER have any meetings in, say, MARYLAND????? or DC?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

SabilaK once had a meeting in my pants. Damn right they were jinn-pants, you punk-asses.

Try pitying me now. I bet none of you ever got any SK action. Bitches.

- GZB, "The GZA Genius," Your Imaginary-Dwarf BF -

SabilaK said...

The Gizza? I swear to God Gazoob, I'm gonna punt your butt.

Anonymous said...

Alas, I didn't want to reconnect with you, my princess, in such a public forum... but I HAVE to ask: are you going to "punt" my butt like back when we were together?! Do I still have to dress up as a dwarf-pirate? Can we "ease" in with the power tools this time?...

Call me, my sweet princess, I still think about you every single day...

- GZB, Your Imaginary-Dwarf BF 4EVA(?) -

SabilaK said...

Fortunately, forever ended like 10 years ago. I'm grateful for the gifts (even though you took away the peacock pin when you left--cheap punk) and attention and conversation. I hate to break it to you, but I'm over you.
Now leave me alone before I call the cops.