Tuesday, January 01, 2008

THE NEW YEAR

Amma has always said that the way one spends new year's eve is how he or she will spend the upcoming year. For this reason, I always make it a point to ring in the new year at home with my folks.

CNN's New Year's Eve show was hosted by Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin and the news ticker on the bottom of the screen featured special messages from people to their loved ones. As is the case with such things, several of the messages were marriage proposals. A little while after the third such proposal danced by, amma turned to me:

"[MP] could've proposed to you on this CNN ticker! Oh, if only he'd known! He should've known!"

I love you amma! You're the funniest, most charming, generous, loving, selfless, smart, and adorable person I know. Sabahat, Shafaat, and I are the luckiest people in the world to have a mother like you. Happy, happy, happy birthday amma! May this year bring you nothing but joy, health, and happiness!

And, of course, a happy new year to my kittens.
Regular blog postings will resume tomorrow, lovelies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sweet - Family and Good friends are more important on festive occasions!