Friday, January 04, 2008

NIGHTMARE!

*Returning from work...

Amma: How was work?
Nerddd (whining): I HAAATE work.
Amma: Why? What happened?
Nerddd (on the verge of tears): It's just so...boring. I was ready to start gnawing on my desk.
Amma: What are you going to do?
Nerddd (covering her face): I don't knooow!
Amma: You shouldn't have quit your job? Why did you quit your job?
Nerddd: I don't know what I was thinking!
Amma: Have they replaced your position yet? Maybe you can interview for it??

Nerddd runs to a calendar, looks at it to find that she quit just before the holiday and muffles a sob of relief.

Nerddd (turning to amma hopefully): I quit right before the holidays amma! They probably aren't going to start interviewing people until the new year, right? I'll have to give my bosses a call!
Amma: I still say you shouldn't have quit in the first place.
Nerddd (wrining her hands): Oh, amma, what if they've replaced me already? What if they've replaced me already?! I have no idea WHAT I was thinking.
Amma: Clearly, you weren't thinking at all.
Nerddd begins to sob: I made a mistake!

Luckily, I wake with a start.
It was only a dream.
And, yes, I'm a dork.

No comments: