Monday, February 27, 2006

I LOVE YOU (for reading this)!!!!!



If you're reading this post, I LOVE YOU! Seriously, I do. I've consistently been getting close to 90 page visits and 170 daily page views.
You like me! You really like me!
I don't know what I've done to earn this honor but there are so many people I'd like to thank.
First, thank you dear reader, for actually reading my blog. I think this means that you must at least be able to stomach what I write, right? In case you find yourself in the grips of nausea, however, please turn away from the computer when you feel that you're getting your sick on.
Next, I want to thank my parents for immigrating to the United States in 1980. I don't know where I'd be had we stayed in Libya or if they'd decided to move back to Pakistan. I CAN say with some certainty, however, that I probably wouldn't be blogging right now for the simple reason that even the best internet connection in Pakistan is pretty damned slow and I'm a very impatient person. That just wouldn't have worked out. Oh, and I so wouldn't have majored in English Lit. I'd be a physician right now, of this I'm sure.
I want to specifically thank my dad, who loves reading so much that he'll read just about anything. From crime novels to children's books and nonfiction, if it has words, abu will read it. I sometimes wonder if I would've been the bookworm that I am without his influence. And, of course, my love of books goes hand in hand with my love for words. It's the reason why I blog.
My brothers have been two of the strongest influences in my life. They are way cooler than I'll ever be and I credit them with instilling the tiniest splinter of cool that I currently have in my soul and which just might be bringing you folks back to revengeofthenerddd.blogspot.com. Thanks guys!
I want to thank my kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Bromerski, for not only teaching me how to read, write, color in the lines and "socialize" with other kids (the only P I received in my kindergarten report card--P for poor--was for my lack of socializing skills; this, of course, made me sad, gave me a complex and resulted in me becoming even more antisocial) but she also taught me, with the help of a speech therapist, how to prouncounce the "s" sound (it's skirt and not SHkirt). I don't know what this has to do with me blogging but whatever.
Thank you Ms. Sobers, my 7th grade teacher for stockpiling our little 7th grade library with Harlequin romances; this most definitely stoked a love for reading amongst the 6th, 7th, and 8th graders.
Thank you Ms. Molinari for teaching two of the best classes I had in high school--American Literature Accelerated (the reason I majored in English) and AP English.
To Zanadune, my sweet cat: thanks for sitting with me and providing me with your quiet, feline company whenever I blog.
Thank you punks in elementary and high school for picking on me, confusing me with a boy and being backbiting idiots. I hated you then and am too busy and fabulous to care about you now (ahem).

I really do appreciate having readers.
So, thank you!

11 comments:

SabilaK said...

I'm currently half asleep so please excuse any grammatical errors of this not so great blog post.
Enjoy, anyway!

febe said...

SHkirt?!!LOL!
And i'm sure everyone's proud of you too.

Nefertiti said...

YOU ARE SO DAMN FUNNY! If this was an awards show...they'd be giving you the cue to finish up already.

but it's great.

Nefertiti said...

oh GREAT. i can see it now

Sabila: Mommmm. what does cutia meeeeannnnnn?
Mom: *sigh* AYE HAI!!! YEA KIA CHUTIAPA HAI? Kiss say seekha?

*blame it on your friends in Europe so she doesn't bitch slap me across the states*

[adventures.in.anonymity] said...

1) how come i get no credit for showing you the ways of the badass. i won't rest until i instill some badassness in you.

2) you actually remember all of your teacher's names? apparently your brothers didn't do a terribly good job of cool-ifying you. i demand a recall.

3) this "speech" transcript would have made sally field very proud.

Anonymous said...

Where am I? Where is Professor Deakins?? This is like when SJP gave her acceptance speech that one time and forgot to mention Matthew Broderick! I feel cheated!!... Oh well, I forgive you. I forgive you because we're old (and getting more and more senile) and you are older than me (by two months and four days: the time separating 14 March from May 18th), but still, Sabila! -- Sabila!!

Anonymous said...

lol everything was very sweet but then you mentioned the punks from high school, which made me laugh. i wonder how many of them have read this...

SabilaK said...

*blame it on your friends in Europe so she doesn't bitch slap me across the states*

SabilaK said...

That's HILARIOUS! HAHAHAHAH!

SabilaK said...

I asked amma if she knew what "chutia" meant and in classic amma fashion, she pretended like she didn't know. "Chotia?" she asked. "Why that's the plural of a braid. That's braids, Sabila." So, I repeated myself. "I don't know why it would mean anything different," she said. She's simply adorable when she feigns ignorance. "It's braids." "Amma," I whined. "Chuuuuu-teeee-aaa."
Her response: "Ay. Who taught you that word?" "My friends on Naseeb," I told her calmly. She "tsk'd" in disappointment.

Nefertiti said...

told you.