Tuesday, February 28, 2006

March 1st: 13 days until the day of our Nerd's Birth



I thought I'd have a countdown to my birthday on my blog because, after all, it is my blog. I celebrate other nerds so, why not, have a blog-celebration for myself?
Anyone up for a blogeration?
So, I'll be sharing stories about myself with you......which isn't very much...um... unlike most of my other blog posts (ahem)--

But keep in mind that these stories will be in blogeration of the Nerd! Hooray!

Fact: in the same year that I won both the math bee and the spelling bee in elementary school (1985, I was 6 years old), I managed to get one of those tiny Crazy Glue caps (the tiny ones, with a pin that goes inside the glue tube) stuck in my right nostril.
I don't know what I was trying to do but I do remember lying on the floor playing with the tube of glue. Maybe I was trying to sniff the cap? In any case, the next thing I knew, the cap was wedged deep inside my nasal cavity. I panicked. I didn't want to tell my mother and get into trouble, so I ran to the bathroom and blew my nose into a wad of toilet paper.
Nothing.
I blew again and again, but the cap was still stuck up my nose.
I started to cry a little as I thought about the horrible things doctors would make me go through in order to retrieve the Crazy Glue cap: open nose surgery was on top of the list.
Fearing for my life, I gave my nose one last blow, putting every ounce of my tiny frame into it.
Out came that awful little cap.
I haven't touched Crazy Glue since.

1 comment:

[adventures.in.anonymity] said...

krazy glue, eh? that explains a lot.

nay. that explains everything.